WHATS DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS KIT??
- “BIQU” are part of BigTreeTech. The brand are well known for high quality 3D printer parts and accessories but they have now moved into also producing 3D printers. We really like the BIQU B1 3D printer and think it’s one of (if not THE) best 3D printers available for it’s price – the juice is worth the squeeze!!!
- If you’d prefer a better established 3D printer brand that has a large community support (on facebook for example), then I would suggest looking at the Creality Ender 3. However if you don’t mind branding and want a printer that is a little slicker, then we recommend this option. One of several good reasons we suggest this printer is that it’s much more silent than the Ender.
WHO IS THIS KIT FOR?
- Beginners and intermediate users will love this printer.
- People who enjoy technical stuff and like the idea of being able to upgrade bits of the printer themselves over time.
- Note there are larger printers available but for most, the size of this printer is plenty, particularly as larger prints (regardless of printer model) tend to require a lot of skill to master.
- General 3D printing where the preference is fun and/or material choices, stronger materials etc.
WHATS INCLUDED IN THIS KIT??
- The BIQU B1 3D printer
- 750g roll of White PLA filament
- 750g roll of Blue PLA filament
- PDF guide and links to software
- Email support if any issues
MORE ABOUT THE PRINTER ITSELF
BIQU is a brand of BIGTREETECH, a very well-known manufacturer for 3D printer mainboards and upgrade components such as various TMC stepper drivers and TFT touchscreens. The B1 is a very affordable printer with high quality components.
- SKR V1.4 32-bit motherboard
- Heated build plate
- Dual-mode screen. Touchscreen or standard LCD (BIQU Touch or Marlin)
- Silent running thanks to TMC 2225 stepper drivers
- Open source
- Double sided magnetic flex plate
- Filament sensor
- Resume print function
- Integrated multi-color LED lights
- Build size of 235 x 235 x 270mm
BTT SKR V1.4 32-bit mainboard
The BIQU B1 contains a SKR V1.4 32-bit mainboard from BIGTREETECH, which is a very popular and well-known upgrade. The integrated mainboard is very stable and supports a lot of connections and interfaces for upgrades and tuning such as WIFI, dual Z-axis etc.
Upgrade adapter board
The additional upgradable board is a very convenient feature for anyone who wants to upgrade their printer further. The B1 has a USB-C connection, dedicated port and holder for the Antclabs BLTouch upgrade or connection for the Smart Filament Sensor from BIGTREETECH.
Heated build plate
Thanks to the heated build plate on the B1, the printer can manage most materials that doesn’t require an enclosed build chamber. This includes all types of PLA (included modified types), PETG, some types of nylon and even ABS+*
SSS (Super Spring Steel)
The magnetic steel plate is a new innovation from BIQU. It adheres magnetically to the platform and can be easily removed after printing. The finished printout can be removed easily and safely by slightly bending the plate.
The steel plate has a special coating to ensure very good adhesion to the build plate.
In addition, the steel plate can be used on both sides – doubling the service life!
Dual – mode screen
With the B1 you can with the simple press of a button change the way you want the screen.
You can choose to run it as a touch screen (BIQU Touch) or the more “classic” mode, like a regular LCD (Marlin)
The filament sensor detects if you should run out of filament and puts the printer in pause mode. When new filament is loaded you can resume the print where it left off.
Power failure recovery
If you for some reason should have a power outage, don´t worry. The B1has you covered. When the power returns you can resume the print where you left off.
Ready for automatic bed leveling (not included)
Thanks to the ease of upgrading your machine, all you need id some cables and a BLTouch. The BLTouch uses a probe to detect any irregularities on the build plate and makes the necessary corrections.
See a review in the youtube video link below!!