The Wanhao Duplicator 7 DLP uses the vat photopolymerisation 3D printer technology.
General information on the Wanhao D7 3D Printer
For 3D printing the Wanhao Duplicator 7 DLP selectively cures liquid resin layer after layer in order to build an object. DLP stands for Digital Light Processing.
It uses the 395-405 nm wavelength and is compatible with most of the resin materials available on the market.
The Wanhao Duplicator 7 DLP is equipped with a HD LCD screen which offers a 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution. The input is HDMI type. This 3D printer offers a build speed of 15mm-35 mm/Hour.
The Wanhao Duplicator 7 DLP uses the Creation Workshop software to slice and control the printing process.
Version 1.4 Information:
The Wanhao D7 3D Printer, version 1.4 if supplied with the following improvements over the Version 1.3. (I personally own and use the 1.3 version which seems perfectly ok, so these improvements must make for a very nice 3D printer indeed).
- UV LED wires are soldered to the LED body instead of tabs.
- Tabs are cut off the UV Led to keep it from shorting.
- The Power button is moved to the back of the printer with the other cable connectors.
- The Delrin Z Nut (plastic) is changed to a brass anti-backlash nut for more precise movement.
- The UV Cooling fan (60mm) and heat sink size have been increased for better cooling.
- A new molded reflector has been added for more reflection and less scratches.
- A new Internal 70W Power Supply has been added to replace the external power supply which was on previous versions.
- Z coupler has been changed to a better Clamping style instead of using setscrews to secure the rod (for better concentricity)
- Even more vents have been added to the back of the printer for better airflow.
- The build plate is now machined for +-0.03mm tolerance to ensure flatness.
- A secondary 60mm cooling fan has been added to the side to ensure the motherboard is cooled and the case is ventilated.