Octofiber’s mission is to bring smart, affordable and high quality filament products to everyone operating a 3D printer.
A product of the EU, this filament comes in the well-known Octofiber cartridge box, which keeps it untangled and dust free.
1.75mm Carbon Fiber 0.50kg for structural components where you need additional stiffness. The added carbon fiber also results in a great surface finish.
Octofiber Carbon filament is based on premium PETG and High-Modulus Carbon Fiber. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structrual component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing.
This Carbon filled material can be used practically on any desktop 3D Printer. A heated bed is not strictly necessary, but if you have one, it will be even more easy to print with. Please note that carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. Therefore we recommend stainless steel nozzles.
Why would you use this material?
- Superior Chemical Resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage (which is basically equal to: low-warp 🙂
- Low moisture absorption: 3X lower vs. ABS
- Very low odor emitted during printing
- Wide processing range: 230 – 270°C
You can check all material specifications in the technical datasheet.
We recommended the following print conditions:
- Extruder: Ideally 230 to 260°C
- Platform Temp: 50 to 80°C
- Platform Prep: Clean glass with Kapton Tape, PVA-based glue, Hairspray
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.40mm orifice.
- Carbon fiber filament is more abrasive than unfilled materials, so extended use will result in more wear on your nozzle, so a stainless steel nozzle is advised.